Serotonin Plays an important role in human life. When life is boiling and brings pleasure, people do not remember this important hormone. But in the event of a depression, there can be specialists and ordinary people among a number of reasons to indicate its shortage. To make an exact conclusion without the help of the doctor will not work, but to assume it is quite possible, if you figure out what serotonin is and how it works.
What is serotonin
To date, scientists know that hormones affect the worldship more than you can imagine. As long as the average person is upset and seeks the causes of its depression in external circumstances, his mood, reaction, desire and even the focus of thoughts controls the hormonal system. Serotonin is directly related to libido, appetite, physical and mental activity. When balance is observed Satisfactory well-being and a sufficient amount of energy decreases pain sensitivity and improved appearance. Surotonin suffering from a shortage will be sluggish, pessimistic and irritable.
Synthesis 80-90% serotonin occurs in the intestine, and only 10-20% is made in the brain. Therefore, proper nutrition is the most effective way to replenish the hormone of happiness.
How serotonin interacts in the body
Serotonin is a chemical transmitting through electrical pulses to nervous cells with certain information. It is in it that the teams calling the body move, and the brain is rejoicing. This is the simple physiological secret of cheerfulness and efficiency.
The lack of hormone happiness adversely affects the body, but this does not mean that the principle "The more, the better" is appropriate. The overabundance is also adversely affected by health.
Signs of Serotonin deficiency
The following signs may not speak about insufficient developing of this necessary inhibitor:
- Fast fatiguability;
- Emotional impassableness, vulnerability;
- Regularly repeated headaches;
- Reduced or, on the contrary, excess appetite;
- Inhibited, disorderly thinking;
- Worsening memory;
- Thrust for alcohol.
The experiment delivered on monkeys demonstrated that serotonin affects not only on nature and behavior, but also on social status. Scientists have chosen from the flock of the most cowardly, but at the same time subject to impulsive manifestations of aggression, male. Naturally, such a primacy could not enjoy the respect of the tribesmen. But after receiving the dose of the hormone, his posture straightened, and the reactions became much more confident and calm. Thus, the former Omega turned into a worthy competitor for the leader of the flock.
Similarly, the low level of serotonin production is observed in the group most susceptible to neurosis and depressive states. Physiological feeding and work with a psychologist help these patients become morally stable and lift significantly in society.
Products that increase the level of serotonin
Poor mood always wants to get something delicious, and it is not good. Buns, cakes, cakes and candies, which especially loves the beautiful floor, contain fast carbohydrates. Thanks to them in a short time, the body receives a sufficient dose of glucose, and the mood rises sharply. But the effect is as quickly falling, as a result of which the consumer does not think that it sends a new portion of sweets to the mouth to remove the tension, and becomes a prisoner of the vicious circle of addiction.
To improve the quality of life and get rid of the overeating, you need to learn to replace simple carbohydrates complex. When using them, sugar in blood will come in small portions for a long time, and serotonin will be stably produced within a few hours. Difficult carbohydrates include:
- Bread of coarse grinding flour;
- Vegetables and fruits.
To significantly increase the generation of serotonin, you need to eat products containing amino acid tryptophan . These include:
- Solid grade cheese,
- soy and soy products
- Melted cheese
- bold cottage cheese
- chicken eggs,
- low-fat meat.
Additionally, doctors advise daily to allow themselves a cup of fragrant natural coffee, as well as include in the diet products with high content Vitamin B. Bitter chocolate.
On the importance of a healthy lifestyle
The assertion that physical activity and walking in the fresh air lead to happiness, not an allegory at all, as it turns out, but a scientifically proven fact. It is known that bright sunlight and motion significantly stimulate the production of serotonin, so that daytime walks are excellent medicine. In addition, fresh air contains oxygen. You can play walking or perform simple exercises in the park, and with great enthusiasm even sign up for a gym or a sports section.
There are medications capable of increasing the amount of serotonin falling into the blood. They refer to the category of antidepressants and are called selective reverse capture inhibitors. These include the following drugs of fluoxetine, paroxetine, vellafaxine, sertraline, etc. It is not recommended to acquire and accept medicines without appointing a doctor. The uncontrolled use threatens an overdose. In this case, painful hyperactivity, nervous cramps, sleep disorders, headaches may occur.
Russians have always had a reputation for cheerful and vigorous people. One of the reasons for this is regular trips to the bath. Temperature procedures and traditional massage by birch or oak broom will accurately make sadness forget. After - to enjoy natural tea from Rosehip, Linden or Hypericum. You can add honey to taste.
The reasons for depression can be quite simple and eliminated. In a critical case, it is worth going to the doctor and to be examined. Well, so that everyday life gives pleasure, you just need to eat right, move, communicate with nature, thinking positively and not to give up other human joys!
Preparations that increase the level of serotonin
Drugs that are designed to increase the amount of serotonin in the blood are called selective (selective) inverse seeding blocks of serotonin. Such drugs are able to maintain sufficient concentrations of serotonin in nervous compounds, and have fewer side manifestations than other antidepressants.
The most frequent side effects of such funds: dyspepsia, excessive activity, sleep disorder and headaches. Typically, such symptoms pass by themselves even without cancellation of drugs. Some patients when using such drugs observe a shiver in their hands, a decrease in the brightness of the orgasm, convulsions. Such signs are rarely associated mainly with specific psychiatric pathologies of the patient.
Among the specific drugs that increase the level of serotonin should be allocated as follows:
- Fluoxetine - tablets take each morning in one thing, the duration of treatment depends on the severity of the depressive state of the patient and can last about a month;
- Paroxetine - the daily dosage of the drug 20 mg per one reception is taken with food, preferably in the morning, for 14-20 days;
- Sertraline - take from 50 to 200 mg per day depending on the patient's condition and characteristics;
- Citalopram (OPRA) - the initial dosage of the drug 0.1-0.2 g per day, can be increased by testimony to 0.6 g;
- Fluvoxamine (Fevarin) is taken from 50 to 150 mg per one per day, the duration of therapy can be 6 months.
For the treatment of severe and chronic depressive states, combined drugs are used, which have a comprehensive effect on serotonin and norepinephrine. These are medicinal products of the new generation:
- Venlafaxine (Efectin) - the initial dosage of 0.75 g once a day. An increase in the dose of the drug, as well as its cancellation, is carried out gradually by changing the dose of at least two weeks. Tablets are accepted with food, approximately at the same time;
- Myrtazapine - 15-45 mg once a day before the departure to sleep, the effect of treatment occurs 3 weeks after the start of reception.
All preparations-blocks of the inverse seizure of serotonin are taken inside, do not chew, powered by a sufficient amount of water. Preparations can not be canceled sharply: it makes it gradually from day to day by a dose.
The normal indicator of serotonin in the blood is 40-80 μg / liter.
Reception of drugs is the extreme measure that is used only in extremely severe cases. If your case does not apply to psychiatry, it is better to try to increase the amount of serotonin in the blood in more natural ways.
, , , , 
How to increase the level of serotonin by folk remedies?
The easiest and most effective way to increase the amount of serotonin in the blood is as often as possible and longer to visit the sun. Swedish scientists monitored 11 patients suffering from seasonal depression. Initially, measuring the level of serotonin, patients were placed under an active light impact. As a result, all subjects that were in a state of deep depression, serotonin levels normalized.
Strong night Sleep is another important factor in increasing serotonin levels. Note, you need to sleep at night, when dark: just so our body will be able to properly produce the necessary hormones. Working in night shifts, a computer seat at night, visiting night entertainment and, as a result, the main sleep during the day is an important factor for reducing serotonin levels. With such a daily mode, the rhythm of hormonal production is knocked down and becomes chaotic. Try to still adhere to the natural regime for the body: at night - sleep, day - active actions.
Well affect the number of serotonin yoga classes, meditation (especially in nature), active exercise. Saturated social life, connecting your favorite hobby, listening to good music, swimming, cycling - it all positively affects our mood, and therefore at the level of the hormone. The pleasure becomes even more if our loved ones and friends with whom we like to communicate are present.
In food, serotonin is not contained. However, there are substances that are able to stimulate the production of serotonin in the organism. These substances include amino acids, in particular tryptophan. What products contain tryptophan?
Products that increase serotonin levels:
- Dairy products (whole milk, cottage cheese, yogurt, prostrochy, cheese);
- Banana (ripe, not green);
- beans (especially beans and lentils);
- dried fruits (dried dates, figs, dried bananas);
- Sweet fruits (plum, pear, peach);
- Vegetables (tomato, Bulgarian pepper);
- Bitter black chocolate;
- eggs (chicken or quail);
- Cereals (buckwheat and millet porridge).
One of the most simple ways to increase the number of serotonin can be called the eating of desserts. Simple carbohydrates, which are contained in cakes, candies, gingerbread and other confectionery, quickly increase the level of hormone: the habit of many people "Lack" problems and stressful situations is associated with this. However, this effect also quickly and passes, and the body begins to demand a new dose of serotonin. Sweets in this situation are a kind of drugs, which are increasingly difficult to refuse. That is why experts are not recommended to use simple carbohydrates: it is much more useful to replace them with complex sugars.
Try to use oatmeal and buckwheat porridge, salads, melon, citrus, pumpkin, dried fruits. Pint enough products containing magnesium: it is wild rice, seafood, prunes, bran. You can just drink a cup of good ground coffee or fragrant tea.
The disadvantage in the organism of folic acid (vitamin B9) can also provoke the drop in the serotonin level. In this regard, it is possible to recommend the use of products rich in these vitamin: corn, all kinds of cabbage, root corrupts, citrus.
The presence of Omega-3 fatty acid nutrition can stabilize the level of serotonin. Such acids are contained in seafood (shrimps, crabs, fish, nautical cabbage), as well as in linen and sesame seed, nuts, and pumpkin.
Avoid products that reduce serotonin. These include meat, chips, foods with preservatives, alcohol.
For people, positively related to various kinds of Badam, one can recommend effective according to the reviews, which relatively recently appeared on the domestic pharmaceutical market - 5-HTP (hydroxytriptophan). This is a natural antidepressant that restores the optimal concentration of serotonin in the body. The drug regulates sleep quality, improves mood, allows you to control the excited and depressive state. Hydroxytriptophan takes one capsule from 1 to 2 times a day, preferably in the afternoon before meals.
Analogue of this drug is a sedative remedy for Vita-tryptophan, which contains an extract from the seeds of an African plant of griffonia. The drug regulates sleep, removes the voltage and feeling of fear, helps with alcoholism, bulimia, effective in symptoms of chronic fatigue.
How to increase serotonin levels? Choose you, but do not rush to start with tableted forms of drugs. Natural ways to increase the number of hormone - sun rays, active recreation, healthy diet - not only they will cope with their task and raise your spirits, but also add your health, strength and energy.
In the last article about Serotonin, I told about what it is and how it affects our well-being. Here I will tell you how to increase the level of serotonin in the body with natural ways without resorting to medicines. I will not "open America" by this article, but still on the eve of the fall and, so to speak, the possible "autumn depression" would be nice to recall the capital truths of the fight against the decline and mood and take care of their health
Briefly repeat that serotonin is a neurotransmitter, which is intended for communication between different nerve cells. It is located in different areas of the central nervous system. This substance acts as a hormone of the balance of mood, sexual attraction, sensitivity to pain, which, among other things, regulates and balances appetite and sleep.
The level of serotonin in the brain can be increased by natural methods, which, in turn, helps to improve both health and mood and social interaction in healthy people.
Now we will deepen in the topic.
Eat products containing tryptophan
One way to raise serotonin levels naturally is to observe a healthy diet. However, in order to maximize the level of serotonin, there is not enough fruits and vegetables enough.
In the diet for the production of serotonin it is recommended to add various fermented products and drinks containing tryptophan. It is largely contributing to the digestion and more efficient absorption of important nutrients.
It is also worth paying special attention to carbohydrates, as they can significantly influence the mood changes. However, on the other hand, carbohydrates, quickly absorbed in the body, cause the so-called phenomenon of "rollback", causing drowsiness, a change of mood.
Food with a high content of tryptophan can increase serotonin production in the brain.
Listen to classic music
Another excellent way to raise serotonin level is to listen to classical music. According to American Dr. Joel Robertson, who studies the peculiarities of the human brain, the composition of the Bach, in particular, help the brain to achieve a harmonious state, since there is a certain mathematical order in compositions.
In addition to Baha, Robertson also recommends listening to Chopin's music, Handel and Gaidna.
One of the most popular ways of natural increase in serotonin level is to stay in the sun during the first few hours of the day. Due to numerous health advantages, vitamin D is an important nutrient for the human body.
One of the advantages of vitamin D is the increase in serotonin level and improved sleep quality.
Long-term stress produces adrenaline and cortisol in the body, and both of these hormones tend to disrupt the natural production of serotonin. Long-term stress can be caused, for example, by excessive workload in a short time or any unexpected anxiety that you cannot stop thinking.
Chronic stress is one of the worst enemies of our well-being, so changing the lifestyle and adding a regular recreation in a weekly routine can have a significant impact on the production of serotonin.
Life is given to us for peaceful and calm interaction, not anxiety and stress.
Another excellent way to increase serotonin production is physical exertion. This is not a myth that exercise make us happy: studies have shown that the release of sweat increases the production and release of serotonin in the body. Exercises for endurance, such as running, swimming and dancing, are the most effective of them.
Physical activity also increases the number of tryptophan, the most important component of serotonin. Triptophan in combination with serotonin causes a sense of well-being, which is preserved in the brain even after exercise.
However, it is recommended to combine motor activity with soothing exercises. Therefore, walking through the forest, for example, or swimming can be an excellent counterweight activity and the method of balancing our condition.
Walking through the forest and swimming will help you relax
Positivity is a key tool for the natural production of serotonin. The optimistic attitude is usually the key to both physical health and mental well-being, and also plays a decisive role in more efficient daily stress management.
Memory and reproduction in the memory of positive thoughts and pleasant moments will help to increase serotonin production.
Alcohol consumption is oppressing the central nervous system, so it is associated with poor mood and even depression. Recent studies show that one of the reasons for the desire to consume alcohol is associated with a reduced level of serotonin.
Massage is a surprisingly effective way to remove stress, pain and muscle tension. It can also be an excellent tool for obtaining a feeling of happiness, health and well-being.
Massage can help increase serotonin level by 28% and dopamine level by 31%. In addition, it can reduce the amount of cortisol stress hormone in the body.
Another important way to increase serotonin production is meditation. Excessive mental load not only interferes with thinking, but also negatively affects our mental development and perception of happy, joyful moments of life, especially when it leads to dissatisfaction and negative. Meditation improves the overall health of the body and reduces stress levels.
Recent studies have shown that the practice of awareness (MindFulness) and meditation increase the level of serotonin in the brain.
The above recommendations are not the only ways of natural increase in serotonin production, although they are considered the most efficient. Therefore, I advise you to try exactly those of them that you attract most.
Soon, you will notice how your mood is significantly improved!
Serotonin is a chemical that has a wide range of functions in the human body. It is sometimes called the "hormone of good mood" and "hormone of happiness."
Scientific name for serotonin 5-hydroxytriptamin or 5-HT. Serotonin is mainly found in the brain, intestines and platelets. Serotonin is used to transmit messages between nerve cells, it is considered that it is involved in reducing smooth muscles, and, among other things, contributes to positive emotions. As a precursor of melatonin, it helps to adjust the sleep and wake cycles and the internal clock.
It is believed that he plays an important role in regulating the mood and motor, cognitive and vegetative functions of the body. Nevertheless, it is definitely unknown if serotonin affects these functions directly, or plays a common role in coordinating the nervous system. Probably serotonin is involved in the regulation of social behavior, appetite and digestion, sleep, memory and sexual function. Low levels of serotonin are associated with the development of depression, but it is still unclear whether low levels of serotonin depression or depression contribute to a decrease in serotonin levels. Preparations that change the level of serotonin are used to treat depression, nausea and migraine, and they may also play to improve the state in obesity and Parkinson's disease. Other ways to increase serotonin levels in the body include improved mood, sunlight, exercise and diet.
Serotonin is formed out Amino acids tryptophana . For serotonin synthesis, sunlight is absolutely necessary.
It is usually believed that serotonin is a neurotransmitter, although some consider it a hormone. Serotonin is synthesized in the intestines and the brain. It is also present in platelets and the central nervous system (CNS). It is believed that it affects the various functions of the body and the psychological state. Serotonin cannot penetrate the hematotectephaliac barrier.
As a neurotransmitter, serotonin provides transmission of signals between nerve cells (neurons), adjusting their intensity. It is believed that he plays a key role in the functioning of the central nervous system and the body as a whole, especially the gastrointestinal tract. Studies discovered the relationship between serotonin and metabolism in bones, breast milk production, liver regeneration and cell division. Serotonin affects brain. The main part of serotonin in the body is located in the gastrointestinal tract, where it regulates all its functions, including the intestinal peristalsis. Serotonin also plays a role in reducing appetite while eating. Serotonin affects the mood, level of anxiety and happiness. Serotonin contributes to the formation of thrombov. In the occurrence of damage, serotonin comes out of platelets, as a result of which blood vessels narrowed, the blood flow decreases and thrombus are formed. In the case of entering the gastrointestinal tract of toxic or irritants, the intestine produces more serotonin to increase the passage of food and eliminate the stimulus. Serotonin also stimulates a vomit in the brain, causing nausea. Some scientists bind a high level of serotonin in the bones with an increase in the risk of osteoporosis. Serotonin, apparently, suppresses sexual activity. Selective selective inhibitors of serotonin (SSRS) increase the level of serotonin in people with depression, preventing serotonin reabsorption, which leads to an increase in its level in synapses, but from 20 to 70 percent of people who accept them are experiencing a number of symptoms related to sexual dysfunction.
So far, it is not fully understood that it is precisely the depression, but the main theory of the last 50 years is that the cause of depression may be an imbalance of neurotransmitters or hormones in the body. Depression is associated with a low level of serotonin, but whether it is the cause of depression or its consequence, it is still unclear. However, scientists are currently questioning the role of serotonin or any individual neurotransmitter in the emergence of depression.
With serotonin deficiency, memory deterioration and poor mood are observed. Also, low serotonin levels can lead to a rush to sweet or flour food, poor sleep, a decrease in self-esteem, anxiety and aggression.
Does serotonin really help with depression? SSIOS is used since the 1980s for treating depression, raising serotonin levels. It is believed that such medicines like SIRES, facilitate the symptoms of depression, increasing the level of serotonin in the body, but as they work, it is unclear. Some scientists suggested that the increase in serotonin level is unlikely to directly improve the symptoms of depression. One of the problems is that it is possible to measure the level of serotonin in the blood, but not in the brain. Researchers do not know whether the levels of serotonin reflect the levels of serotonin levels in the brain, or whether SSORS can really affect the level of serotonin brain. In 2014, the study on mice showed that Serotonin does not play a role in the emergence of depression. A population of mice was created, serotonin was not produced in the brain. These mice did not show any signs of depression, even when they were in a state of stress. However, in 2015, other scientists discovered that mice that had no serotonin were more susceptible to social stressors than healthy mice from the control group. Although SOSIOS seems to help some people with depression, some scientists now argue that "simple biochemical theories that link low serotonin levels with a depressed mood is no longer reliable." SSRs are also used to treat symptoms of anxiety, panic disorder and obsessive-compulsive disorders.
Antiserotoneergic drugs that act on serotonin receptors are used to treat nausea caused by chemical toxins, including drugs used in chemotherapy and general anesthesia.
Serotonergic vasoconstrictive contrast drugs or triptans can reduce migraine symptoms and are well tolerated.
The serotonergic system is associated with knowledge, emotions and motor functions. Changes in this system can affect motor and non-engine functions, usually associated with Parkinson's disease. Currently, research continues in this area.
Increased sensitivity to one of the female hormones, progesterone, apparently, reduces the level of serotonin in the brain. Serotonin inhibitors are sometimes used to facilitate the symptoms of premenstrual syndrome during their appearance.
Serotonin can also be used in the treatment of obesity and irritable bowel syndrome.
Serotonin syndrome occurs most often if a person simultaneously takes two drugs that increase the level of serotonin, and is associated with excessive stimulation of CNS and peripheral serotonin receptors. The simultaneous use of drugs prescribed by a physician and, for example, biologically active additives that increase the level of serotonin can lead to the development of serotonin syndrome. Also, the development of serotonin syndrome is possible with cancer tumors of the gastrointestinal tract, since such tumors can cause too much serotonin allocation. Signs of serotonin syndrome are excitement and anxiety, confused, rapid heartbeat and raising blood pressure, expansion of pupils, diarrhea, headaches, muscular trembling, sweating, coordination violation, muscle rigidity. In severe cases, life-threatening, hyperthermia, irregular heartbeat, cramps and loss of consciousness are possible.
There are simple and affordable ways to increase serotonin levels in the body not related to drug use. These include, for example, a change in thinking as a result of psychotherapy or self-induction, which can increase serotonin levels, since the interaction between serotonin synthesis and mood is bilateral. Exercise has an antidepressant effect. The use of products containing high levels of tryptophan can improve the mood due to the increase in serotonin levels.
Triptofan is an amino acid that can be found in food. Some studies bind a higher consumption of tryptophan food with positive mood performance, because tryptophan increases serotonin levels. Triptofan is rich in high protein products: turkey, eggs, salmon, milk, soy products and cheese. Bananas also contain serotonin, and they can be included in their diet to raise the mood. Tiptophan is a precursor, the main ingredient, the necessary organism for the production of serotonin. Eating foods with a high content of this important chemical does not mean that the body will absorb and use it. But the availability of tryptophan, if necessary, improves serotonin synthesis.
In a number of research, the elderly people who gave biologically active additives with tryptophan, showed an improvement in cognitive abilities. Currently, the idea of the effect of intestinal microbiota on the central nervous system is gaining strength. In this case, serotonin in the digestive system can affect the mood.
Much remains unknown about serotonin. The difficulties associated with studying the functions of the brain mean that it will take some time before it is possible to get complete knowledge about serotonin.
Until now, there is not enough evidence that a specific diet can affect the mood or symptoms of depression. However, it was found that following healthy and diverse improves overall well-being. It is necessary to focus on a varied diet and strive to obtain as much nutrients from food sources as much as possible. The use of biologically active additives is possible only after consulting with the doctor.
Fact: Positive emotions are impossible without the participation of hormones. Stress, depression, longing and other negative phenomena often arise due to the fact that dopamine, serotonin, oxytocin, and endorphins are blocked. Endocrinologist Olga Penkrat explains what to do to "spur" the production of "hormones of happiness", and what to avoid, in order not to fall into depression.
Olga Pencrat Endocrinologist of the first category of Medical Center "Med-Practice"
What is it?
- Dopamine is a biologically active substance that is produced in the brain with synapses of neurons and serves to transmit nerve impulses. In addition, participating in the regulation of the cardiovascular system, it is synthesized in adrenal glands, kidneys and intestines. This is the same chemical compound, however, dopamine, synthesized outside the central nervous system, does not fall into the brain and, accordingly, does not affect the transmission of nerve impulses.
The role of dopamine in the body
- increases blood pressure, frequency and power of heart abbreviations;
- relaxes the smooth muscles of the stomach and intestines;
- Increases the filtering of the liquid, the blood flow in the kidneys, accelerates sodium selection with urine.
As a neurotransmitter affects :
- Motivation formation;
- feeling of pleasure;
- feeling of rewards and desire;
- Emotional reactions accompanying motor activity.
- Achieving the goal and even the anticipation of this moment. One thoughts about the triumph cause the ejection of the neurotiator. When the goal is achieved, dopamine production is reduced.
- Feeling of love. Together with the hormone, dopamine oxytocin helps to form a sense of attachment, including maternal. In addition, it provides an opportunity to effectively learn from its mistakes, and the lack of dopamine can lead to ignoring negative experience.
- Pleasant tactile sensations. Dopamine is naturally produced in large quantities during intimate proximity.
- Eating beloved food. УConsumption by all beloved chocolate increases the level of dopamine. However, the predecessors of dopamine, the Molecule of Tyrosine amino acids serve as peculiar "bricks". The more its content in the products, the higher the chance to enjoy. Tyrosine is contained, for example, in meat, legumes (soy, lentils, beans), nuts, cheese and cottage cheese.
- Rest and physical activity. Excellent assistant in dopamine production - full sleep. The second option is the opposite - this is any activity, whether it is a lesson specifying the sport or a regular jog. Dopamine is called up to motivate a person who is waiting for some reward at the end of the workout: weight loss, recreation, etc. And for this anticipation also answers Dopamine.
be careful .Some cardiological and psychiatric medications can take part in the exchange of dopamine. It is impossible to joke with this process, be sure to consult a doctor.
By the way
"Dopamine is not always a synonym for a positive, as many have accustomed to count. It helps the body to adapt to stressful situations, stands out in injuries and pain syndrome.
What slows down the production of dopamine?
- the development and release of dopamine in the brain is 5-10 times increase Narcotic substances . And then - reduce, forcing the dose to raise. The feeling of pleasure is produced artificially.
If a person continues to "encourage himself", gradually the brain adapts to an artificially elevated level of dopamine, while it produces it in smaller quantities. It encourages drug addict to increase the dose to return pleasant sensations, because Euphoria suddenly replaces the depression and depression.
Blocks the generation of neurotransmitter also Abuse of oily and sweet food . According to the same scheme as with drugs: the body requires more and yet, which ultimately leads to overeating and food dependence.
What is it?
- Like dopamine, serotonin is a neuromediator and hormone. 95% of this substance is produced by the intestinal mucous membrane and only 5% in the brain.
The role of serotonin in the body :
- improves memory, attention, perception;
- accelerates and facilitates movement;
- reduces pain threshold;
- controls libido and reproductive function;
- Provides full sleep;
- helps digestion;
- reduces allergic reactions;
- regulates the reduction of the uterus and uterine pipes during childbirth;
- promotes a good mood;
- Participates in the synthesis of pituitary hormones.
Serotonin isolation promotes:
- Tryptophan and glucose. Triptophan is an amino acid from which serotonin is formed. Glucose helps tryptophan to get to the brain to produce serotonin. What food is rich in tryptophan? This is dairy products (especially cheese), dates, plums, figs, tomatoes, soy and black chocolate. Glucose is a lot in fruits, vegetables, berries and honey.
- Magnesium. It contributes to the transformation of tryptophan in serotonin. Contained in fruits, nuts, legumes and whole grains.
- Sunlight. For serotonin synthesis, it is absolutely necessary. Vitamin D regulates tryptophan transition to serotonin. His big amount will really add to you joy. But remember: this effect must be constantly reinforced.
be careful . Excess serotonin sometimes provokes the development of serotonin syndrome. This happens when an inhibitor-type antidepressant is overdose. Their action is to increase the level of serotonin and its delay in the body. Especially often the problem arises if a person is engaged in self-medication or ignores the recommendations of the doctor in the hope that the increased dose of the drug will give a persistent and strong sense of happiness.
What slows down the production of serotonin?
- Caffeine. Not only does it reduce the level of serotonin, so also worsens appetite.
- Alcohol Suppresses serotonin synthesis and blocks the functions of the hormone already existing in the body. There is a risk of an abstineent syndrome - physical and / or mental disorder, developing in patients with addiction after some time after the discretion of the drug or reduce its dose (breaking). To resist this syndrome, as a rule, it turns out only with the help of the next portion of the alcohol. Over time, this leads to alcohol dependence.
What is it?
- Endorphins are a group of chemical compounds that naturally produced in the neurons of the brain.
The role of endorphins in the body:
- anesthetic effect;
- stress tolerance;
- Encouragement function: the body that has safely overcoming life-threatening situation, gets encouraging in the form of stimulation of pleasure centers - the feeling of euphoria;
- Participation in the regulation of excitation and braking. In the first phase of stress, when the question of life and death is not yet resolved, the part of the endorphine system works, which increases productive thinking. After solving the issue of life and death, there is a brake turn - the body's transition into the savings mode;
- Stimulation of healing processes: Endorphins accelerate regeneration processes;
- Contribute to the formation of figurative thinking, associations and creative fantasies.
Endorphins contribute to:
Sex. This is a simple and fast possibility of increasing the concentration of endorphins. At the moment of intimate proximity to the blood, a huge number of "hormones of happiness" is thrown.
Tasty food. Especially favorite. Good lunch is an excellent source of inexhaustible pleasure.
Positive thinking. Even pleasant dreams are able to bring a person to bliss.
Ultraviolet Increases endorphins concentration in the body
What slows down the allocation of endorphins?
- Long use of alcohol and narcotic substances. The presence of chronic diseases.
What is it?
- This hormone is produced in the hypothalamus, the department of the central nervous system. The active substance comes from the cells of the hypothalamus into the pituitary gland, where it is stored and stand out under the influence of external incentives.
The role of oxytocin in the body:
- causes emotional attachment;
- provides stress resistance;
- It helps to reduce the smooth muscles of the uterus, helping the passage of the fetus by the generic paths. Adjusting the muscles of Milky Women's Breast Ducts, provides healthy lactation.
Oxytocin isolation promotes:
- Touch and sense of trust. Any pleasant contacts with relatives and close (and tactile, and emotional) cause activation of oxytocin. A relax massage becomes a good stimulant for this process.
- Feeding baby breasts. Oxytocin at lactation helps to reduce the muscular layer of breast and isolating breast milk from it. In this sense, lactating mothers were lucky. But the separation of oxytocin may impose and simply stimulation of the lactic halo. Even if you do not have children.
- Strong pain, chronic pain. This is not the most pleasant way, but it works. Oxytocin is also called to cope with pain. Perhaps, so some people like to hurt themselves.
- Just as in the case of listed hormones, an increase in oxytocin can affect: Favorite food, orgasm, exercise and good arrangement of the Spirit.
What slows down the production of oxytocin?
- This contributes primarily alcohol, as well as the lack of love, friendship, depression and isolation from people.
As you can see, influence your own emotions is quite realistic thanks to nutrition, physical stress, a positive way of life, and so on. The main thing is to do it intelligently, without harm to the body, and not overdo it. Learn not to focus on problems and every day to discover something new. This is the best way naturally and safe for health to increase the level of hormones of happiness and feel all one hundred! It is also important to understand that a large clinical value of the data of the data of biologically active substances does not have, laboratory in routine practice it is not determined. But with such problems as hormonal android, hyperandrode, the menstrual cycle failures, the analysis on a certain group of hormones is simply necessary.
When creating a material, information was partially used from the book "Regulatory Systems of the Human Organism" V.A. Dubinin.
That up, then down! The doctor talks about signs of hormonal imbalance
Acne, excess hair growth, baldness ... what is dangerous than hyperandrode, and why it is impossible to ignore it?
Refusal of responding
Please note that all information posted on the site
Prowellness is provided solely for informational purposes and is not a personal program, direct recommendation for action or medical advice. Do not use these materials for diagnosis, treatment or conducting any medical manipulations. Before applying any technique or use of any product, consult your doctor. This site is not a specialized medical portal and does not replace the professional counseling of a specialist. The owner of the site does not bear any responsibility in any direction that has incurred indirect or direct damage as a result of the improper use of materials posted on this resource.
What products and events help increase serotonin levels in the body?
Serotonin provides a good mood, social activity and vigor of spirit. And what if this hormone is missing? There are a number of ways to replenish it. Serotonin is responsible for nervous impulses and neurotransmitters.
In a different way, he is called the hormone of joy, pleasure or happiness. He gives people a natural feeling of harmony and the completeness of life. How to raise its level?
Causes of sadness of serotonin
- Substances may not be enough for the following reasons:
- irrational nutrition;
- circulatory disorder;
- lack of certain vitamins and minerals;
- rare stay in the sun;
- regular or long stress;
- organism poisoning;
- malignant formations in the body;
- violation of the cardiovascular system;
- intestinal obstruction;
- Disruption of the thyroid gland;
Symptoms of sadness of serotonin in the body
- The body signals the lack of hormone with the following symptoms:
- Increased thrust to sweet and fastfood.
- Frequent headaches.
- Digestion disorders - constipation, liquid chair, meteorism, irritable bowel syndrome.
- Insomnia or frequent wakes at night.
- A sensitive dream, which is interrupted because of any sound or rustle.
- Elevated anxiety and anxiety.
- The feeling of not passing fatigue, lack of forces and life energy.
- Reducing productivity and efficiency.
- Intercourse problems.
- Deterioration of cognitive processes, memory, attention.
Lowering a painful threshold.
What is dangerous for the constant lack of serotonin?
- Due to the lack of serotonin, the following disorders and conditions may develop:
- Panic attacks.
- Permanent depression.
- Depression and depressive conditions (can work out chronic).
- Emotional instability.
- Inattention, scattered, forgetfulness.
Serious memory violations and attention.
Where to take serotonin when it is short enough?
- What to do to fill serotonin deficiency:
- Using products rich in tryptophan. These include turkey, beef, eggs, bitter chocolate, dairy products, legumes, tomatoes, greens, green leafy vegetables.
- Constantly fill the balance of vitamins of group V.
- Include in the diet products rich in magnesium and vitamin C.
- Try not to concentrate on negative emotions. A good mood affects serotonin production. It is important to learn how to see positive moments both in small things and in significant life events.
- Fucking, maintaining the day of the day, abandon the night outlets.
- Work in a bright room, try to be more often in the sun.
- Find time for physical exertion, as they have a positive effect on mental health.
- Observe the right drinking mode.
- Follow the bowl health, eat food rich in probiotics and prebiotics.
- Regularly attend relaxing massage sessions.
- Learn to meditate.
- Use the strength of aromatic oils. For example, add them to the bath, to use instead of perfume, put an aromatic sachet under the pillow. And you can buy a special aromalamp. To fill serotonin, rose, bergamot, lavender, citrus fruits are well suited. They increase the mood, motivation, provide energy.
Try to limit the amount of alcoholic drinks. And it is better to refuse them at all.
Refusal of responding
Please note that all information posted on the site
Attention! Serotonin deficiency negatively affects human life and can lead to serious illnesses. There are many methods to help raise its level, they should be actively used.Expert: Elagina Maria
Business Profi Siberian Wellness and Cosmetics NutricistReviewer: Sergey Shelapugin